Experience the Okanagan
- Stuart Park, located on the waterfront across from City Hall, features a free public skating rink in the winter, free community dance lessons throughout the summer and access to Kelowna’s beautiful downtown waterfront year round.
- Try your skills on The FlowRider® at H2o Fitness and Adventure Centre, the largest publicly owned water park in Canada.
- Kangaroo Creek Farm is a family-friendly attraction where visitors can interact with kangaroos, wallabies and more on a working farm.
- Run, ride or stroll down the waterfront Centennial Pathway in Peachland, stopping for a coffee or a swim along the way.
- Pick berries, taste fresh honey and learn where your food comes from at the small family owned farms on the Westside Farm Loop.
- Kelowna’s Downtown Cultural District is a walkable region where you will find the historic Laurel Packing House, the Kelowna Community Theatre, Rotary Centre for the Arts, multiple galleries and museums.
- The Creekside Theatre is a 250 seat theatre where you can catch fine films, live theatre and music almost any night of the week.
- Learn about the rich history of the Syilx people at the Sncewips Heritage Museum
- Everyone is welcome to celebrate diversity with Okanagan Pride during annual Pride Week Festivities and other events during the year.
- Mountain bike or hike the Central Okanagan’s extensive and diverse trail system with over 300 trails to suit downhill adrenaline junkies and beginners alike.
- Big White Ski Resort , 56km southeast of Kelowna, boasts 2,765 acres of skiable terrain and receives an average 750cm of champagne powder annually. Construction has begun on lift-accessed mountain biking and hiking trails set to open in summer 2017.
- Spend an afternoon searching for the Ogopogo from your boat, paddleboard or jet ski on Okanagan Lake. Those looking for a challenge can participate in the Across the Lake Swim, Canada’s largest and longest open water swim held each July.
- Cheer on the Kelowna Rockets, 4X Western Hockey League and Memorial Cup champions at Prospera Place in downtown Kelowna, or the West Kelowna Warriors, 2016 BC Hockey League and RBC Cup Champions at Royal LePage Place in West Kelowna.
More informtion available at: