EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST & NOMINATIONS
2015 CENTRAL OKANAGAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION ADVISORY BOARD
The Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission is requesting expressions of interest for new additions to the 2015 Advisory Board. A position on the Advisory Board of Directors offers individuals an opportunity to contribute to the strategic vision of the COEDC.
All applicants are encouraged to contact the Director of Economic Development, Robert Fine, or any of the current Board members to clarify any questions you may have. All Expressions of Interest will be held in strict confidence. Expressions of Interest will be confirmed upon receipt.
Applications close on Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
Please submit your resume and contact information (mailing address, phone number and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role of an Advisory Board Member:
- Report on industry happenings within their sector
- Board members provide local knowledge, direction and expertise during the planning and implementation of the COEDC’s programs
Personal Competencies and Essential Skills
A board member should preferably reside within the Central Okanagan area and must be able to demonstrate:
- An active community involvement and an appreciation of the diverse range of community values and sensitivities
- Visionary capacity – ability to see the future need of the sector
- No conflicts of interest
- Demonstrated experience in a professional or commercial background, detailing any specialised areas of expertise (commerce, finance, law, marketing, health, manufacturing, technology, aerospace, agriculture, tourism, etc)
- Good working knowledge of a business environment
- Must have email access capable of accepting large files
- Sound understanding of the relationship between Economic Development Commission and external stakeholders, e.g. Government and related statutory authorities, Chambers of Commerce, local industry
Commitment of Time
- 7-9 board meetings per year. (1.5 to 2 hours per meeting starting at 7:30am, schedule to be completed January 2015)
- One ½ day strategic planning session in October
- Occasional presentations in relationship to market intelligence in the sector you represent
- Preparation for board meeting (<one hour per month)
- Representation of COEDC at regional business events
- Communication time would be additional to the above
- Board members are appointed for a term two of years commencing January 2015, ending December 2016, and may be eligible for reappointment at the end of the term.