Checking the Pulse of the Business Community
Every October during Small Business Month, the COEDC teams up with partners from local municipalities and business support organizations to take the pulse of the region’s small business community. The COEDC introduced the Business Walk Program to Canada in 2012. The program has been replicated across Canada and is recognized as a Best Practice by the Province of British Columbia.
Helping Small Businesses Grow
Feedback from small businesses during the annual Business Walk is shared publicly, with elected officials, staff and partners, giving small business a strong voice in the community. The COEDC listens to what small business owners say during Business Walks and uses the information to create year round action plans to support business.
Businesses looking to grow or needing support receive consultation and expertise from COEDC experts after the business walk.
- 2016 Professional Services Business Walk
- 2016 Manufacturing & Aerospace Business Walk
- 2015 HR Business Walk to Tourism
- 2015 October Business Walk
- 2015 HR Business Walk to Manufacturers
- 2014 October Business Walk Summary
- 2014 October Business Walk Community Details
- 2013 October Business Walk
- 2013 Business Walk for Manufacturers
- 2012 October Business Walk