THE COEDC RELEASES MAKE IT HERE WEB PORTAL IN TANDEM WITHMAKE DIGITAL MEDIA HERE EVENTS TARGETING TORONTO BASED YOUNG PROFESSIONALS AND COMPANIES
The Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission is driving a coordinated effort by industry leaders, government, postsecondary institutions and members of the Okanagan’s business community to collaboratively promote the region to digital media companies and talent in Toronto April 22-24th. Tools like www.MakeItHereKelowna.com andwww.MakeItHereOkanagan.com (launching April 20th) and www.okanaganjobmatch.comhave been developed to assist in workforce and business recruitment.
The objective of the mission is to create awareness of and contribute to the growth of the digital media sector in the Central Okanagan by promoting Kelowna and the Okanagan as a place for digital media and animation companies to locate to, as well as a targeted effort to attract qualified talent in a cross section of sectors.
The Central Okanagan region is a growing hub for “tech” with the Okanagan Centre for Innovation, Accelerate Okanagan, access to Dark Fibre and world recognized digital media companies like Bardel Entertainment, Yeti Farm Creative, Disney Interactive and Hyper Hippo Productions.
The region is home to a growing community of start-ups generating $797M in economic impact and providing employment to 6551 employees in the tech sector. As the fastest growing tech hub in the province of B.C, the Okanagan is quickly becoming a place where leading talent and companies want to locate and grow.
The COEDC will be connecting with digital media companies through the following targeted programming:
- Make Digital Media Here – Okanagan Pitch to a select group of Toronto and Vancouver based digital media companies highlighting the advantages of doing business in the Okanagan
- OYP Collective Boomerang Event – Targeted recruitment event highlighting professional and personal opportunities in the Okanagan to encourage UBCO and Okanagan College alumni who have left the region to return (the boomerang effect). In partnership with Okanagan College and UBCO Alumni.
- Toronto Animation Arts Festival International (TAAFI)
- Make Digital Media Here Okanagan presence at exhibition and targeted industry-to-talent connections with objective of filling labour force needs by connecting talented workforce to Okanagan employers and organizations.
- Panel presentation to audience of skilled animation professionals and animation and digital media companies showcasing the Okanagan’s unparalleled lifestyle and burgeoning digital media industry
The Okanagan Delegation includes:
Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission
City of Kelowna
Okanagan Young Professionals Collective
Okanagan Film Commission
Okanagan International Animation Festival 2017
Yeti Farm Creative
Okanagan Centre for Innovation