Investor-Ready™ Workshop July 16th
Jun 11, 2013 | Posted by Corie Griffiths
WhenTuesday July 16, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PDT
4485 Sallows Road
Kelowna, BC V1W 4C2
Adequate capitalization is one of the biggest issues facing entrepreneurs and start-ups. In today’s competitive environment, accessing financing requires entrepreneurs and start-ups to be Investor-Ready™. This workshop will teach you the key requirements for attracting investor attention, separating yourself from the competition, and successfully raising capital.
This workshop will be of interest to:
- Newer entrepreneurs (or those wanting a refresher)
- Investors (new and experienced) looking for "high-growth/high-risk” or “low-growth/low-risk” opportunities
(Please note that this session is intended for entrepreneurs and investors, and due to space limitations, advisors are kindly requested to refrain from registering.)
The session covers important topics such as:
- Investor Presentation
- Valuation of Pre-Revenue Companies
- Financing Option
- What Investors Look For (Due Dilligence)
- Management Criteria
This full day interactive workshop will include a 150+ page workbook, elevator pitch contest, small group case study and a panel of local investors and entrepreneurs.
Why come? If you are planning to raise private equity or invest, ask yourself:
- What are the sources of money for a new company?
- How does one correctly value a private pre-revenue company?
- What areas of a start-up company, require due diligence?
- What are the key ingredients of a pitch to investors?
- What attributes of management are important to investors?
These workshops usually sell out at $300+ in Vancouver, but the Okanagan fee will average $100 and you save on travel costs and time.
Feedback from a half-day Investor-Ready™ Workshop held recently at the Vancouver Island Advanced Technology Centre (VIATeC) in Victoria:
50% said the workshop was excellent and 45% said it was good. Over 80% said the workshop should be a full day, not a half day. 100% would recommend the workshop to their colleagues. 35% said that the half day workshop value was $120, 30% said $160, and 25% said it was worth $200. Some comments on this workshop were:
- “Should be a required part of BC Innovation's Venture Acceleration Program” - VIATeC Entrepreneur in Residence.
- “Great Overview intro for initial angel investment”
- “A must for any company seeking investment or any person considering investing”
- “Very good overview of Early Stage investing” - VIATeC Entrepreneur in Residence
This seminar is brought to you by the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission in partnership with the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP), and Discovery Foundation (Angel Forum); and through the generous support of our sponsors HSBC Bank Canada and Grant Thornton LLP.