Program offered by Manufacturing Safety Alliance BC
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Emergency Response Planning course delivered via 4 weekly Zoom meetings.
Zoom meeting 1 of 4: August 4, 2021
Zoom meeting 2 of 4: August 11, 2021
Zoom meeting 3 of 4: August 18, 2021
Zoom meeting 4 of 4: August 25, 2021
Overview of Emergency Response Planning
The Alliance has two courses available to assist in emergency response planning: Emergency Response Awareness and Emergency Response Planning. Emergency Response Awareness is an online course designed to provide the foundational aspects in emergency response for workers. Its objectives include understanding the importance of emergency response, identifying different emergency situations and typical responses to emergencies, and an introduction to what an emergency response plan is.
Emergency response planning (ERP) is one of the key elements to include in your occupational health and safety program. This program allows you to plan out how you would respond to an emergency in the event of, which can result in saving lives, property, revenue, etc.
This is an 8 hour instructor led course using a combination of lecture and practical learning delivered in four 2 hour segments formatted for virtual delivery.
The Emergency Response Planning course is an instructor-led course aimed at supervisors, managers, business owners, goes over the core concepts on how to create an emergency response plan, the type of content to include, with interactive activities and case scenarios.
It recommended that the Emergency Response Awareness online course be taken prior to this course for a foundational understanding of the topic.
The overarching objectives of this course are to ensure that participants achieve the following:
1. Understand the importance of having an internal emergency response team.
2. Understand the significance of having specific procedures for each type of emergency and evacuation procedures.
3. Have the ability to explain the importance of notifying the relevant authorities/neighbors, in the event of an emergency.
4. Understand the requirements for re-entry after the event of an emergency.
5. Understand the importance of holding drills and providing training as well as carrying out a program review.
Assessment and Completion
On successful completion of course materials, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.