Decolonizing Cultural Safety in the Workplace
Cultural Protocols, Empathy & Safety offers a facilitated decolonial dialogue to support you or your organization to work through Nahanee Creative’s mini-courses and writing prompts together. In this two-hour workshop, you will create a Cultural Safety Plan of your own. While the teachings & critical Indigenous theory shared by Ta7talíya Michelle Nahanee are grounded in Squamish world view, they are applicable across Indigenous Territories.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Introduction to cultural protocols, empathy and safety
- Self reflection to understand your own role in these conversations
- Explore approaches to cultural work and decolonizing practices in a good way
- How to start introducing cultural safety into workplace policy
- Begin a Cultural Safety Plan of your own
This webinar will take place via Zoom. Instructions to join our Zoom meeting will be sent to you two hours in advance.
At Small Business BC, our number one priority will always be the health and safety of our clients, staff and service providers. As a result, we continue to deliver all our services online, or over the phone until further notice. View our resources for getting Back to Business, or connect directly with a business advisor through our COVID-19 Support Service.
- Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.