Hosted by Angel Forum Vancouver, October 7, 9am to noon
Have you been wondering whether Angel Investing is something for you as an investor or are you thinking of raising an angel round as an entrepreneur?
Regardless of where you are in your decision making process there are basics you need to be aware of and be familiar with.
For a good start join us for this virtual webinar. More experienced investors and entrepreneurs are also welcome as there will be new insights for them as well as and an opportunity to get a sense of the current market overall.
By registering for this webinar, (aspiring) non-member Angel Investors get a $100 discount on an annual Angel Forum Membership if they chose to join our community of investors keen on furthering the early stage ecosystem in Vancouver and BC.
In this workshop, Pieter Dorsman will take attendees through the journey of making investments from start to finish in this 3-hour session:
- Introduction to Early Stage Investing
- Deal Evaluation & Due Diligence
- Valuation & Deal Structuring
- Close the Deal & Portfolio Management
- Exit and Returns
The course is a mixture of theory and a number of case studies, some great successes and some horror stories and the lessons learned from them. A selection of questions and issues that will be discussed are among others:
- What valuation methods are there?
- What should an angel portfolio look like?
- What investment trends are there?
- What are terms sheets and what is commonly used in the current market?
- How to evaluate deals?
- What to look for during due diligence?
- How do I work with the company after the investment is made?
And many more. The workshop will take a good 3 hours in total and there is lots of time for questions and discussion