Event by Safety Alliance BC
9:00 AM PDT to 11:00 AM PDT
Joint Health and Safety Committee course delivered via 4 weekly Zoom meetings.
Zoom meeting 1 of 4: August 3, 2021
Zoom meeting 2 of 4: August 10, 2021
Zoom meeting 3 of 4: August 17, 2021
Zoom meeting 4 of 4: August 24, 2021
A Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) is a primary component of any employer’s occupational health and safety management system. This course provides JHSC members with the fundamentals and tools to effectively carry out their duties. This course is designed for new and experienced JHSC members and alternates.
New and existing members of a JHSC for BC employers as well as worker health and safety representatives will benefit from this course. Learning modules address WorkSafeBC regulatory requirements and are relevant to all industries.
To support an organization in establishing an effective joint health and safety committee.
- Identify and communicate the importance of having a JHSC
- Identify roles and responsibilities of a JHSC
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their JHSC and provide recommendations that will maintain, improve and contribute to both a positive safety culture and safe workplace
- JHSC history
- JHSC roles and responsibilities
- Introduction to RACI
- Terms of Reference
- JHSC meetings and minutes
- Hazard identification and control
- Workplace inspections
- Incident investigation
- Right to refuse unsafe work
- JHSC Training
- JHSC annual evaluation
- Continual improvement