Connect with new friends and other young professionals in a casual, friendly environment - virtually!
About this Event
**In light of the developments with COVID-19, we have temporarily shifted the location and format of our monthly Coffee Social to an online, virtual event!
- Our Coffee Social will take place from 8:00 - 9 a.m. on Zoom
- Due to the virtual nature of the event and use of breakout rooms on Zoom, this coffee social won’t be a drop-in, please join us for the full hour - there is a prize giveaway!
- Registration required (Zoom Meeting link will be emailed to all registered participants)
- 8:00 a.m. - Welcome and Intros
- 8:10 a.m. - Breakout Rooms Part 1 - We’ll be breaking out into smaller rooms of 3-5 people to socialize and get to know each other
- 8:30 a.m. - Check In and Prize Draw - We’ll be giving away a Swag Bag from the Tourism Kelowna shop to one lucky attendee
- 8:35 a.m. - Breakout Rooms Part 2 - we'll be switching up the rooms so you'll meet new people
- 8:55 a.m. - Wrap up and Thank You - we’ll be giving away a Swag Bag from the Tourism Kelowna shop to one lucky attendee
Please note that we will not be able to admit participants after the breakout room sessions have started, so please arrive on time!
What to Bring:
- Bring Your Own Beverage - Coffee, tea or whatever you please
- Your smiling face - in person we meet face-to-face so we expect you to come to Zoom prepared to have your video on if your technology allows it
- Dress Code: suits or sweats - this is a safe and fun space, come as you’d like!
- Instead of exchanging business cards, please bring the url to your LinkedIn profile (we recommend having it up in your browser, ready to go)
Not sure if you should come to a Coffee Social? You definitely should! Join us if you are:
- New to town or born and raised in the Okanagan
- A fresh face to business
- Under forty or over forty (don't worry, we don't i.D.)
- Looking to make new friends, reconnect in the community, or expand your network
- Looking to see fellow humans during these times of physical distancing
About OYP Collective
The Okanagan Young Professionals (OYP) Collective is a program of the COEDC, and a hub of resources to help attract and retain talent in the region. There's no membership and we don't sell anything (other than why it's so great to live here). All are welcome to come out and join to connect with other awesome young professionals in our community!