- This event has passed.
Financial Navigation for Indigenous Entrepreneurs
March 31 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tools for Financial Prosperity From an Indigenous Lens
Are you an Indigenous entrepreneur navigating the current economy? Join us for this informative webinar where we will demystify financial topics, including pricing strategies in an environment of uncertainty, and inflation. How do you ensure that you continue to price your product or service for long term financial sustainability? We will share tips to stay on top of your business finances and price your products with confidence.
Presented by a First Nation CPA with small business experience both on and off reserve- Shelley Bevz CPA (Smelqmix from Lower Similkameen Indian Band), attendees will receive key insights and tips on financial resilience in our rapidly changing economy. Shelley will discuss areas like pricing, inflation, and financial decision making for Indigenous entrepreneurs. Along the way, attendees will discover the impacts of a potential recession, economic downturn and inflation on their business, as well as strategies to help prepare.
Attendees will receive insights on record keeping, bookkeeping and accounting, tips on Indigenous tax considerations, and learn if you could be at risk of owing the government money in taxes.
What Will I Learn?
- The basics of financial management including bookkeeping checklists and the difference between an accountant and a bookkeeper
- Tips on software that can strengthen your business
- The potential impacts of a recession, economic downturn and inflation on small businesses
- Strategies for record keeping, bookkeeping and accounting
- Tips on Indigenous tax exemption
- Software tools to make financial management easier
- Understanding financial processes that could be implemented in your business
Small Business BC’s webinars are delivered online via Zoom. All webinar participants will receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session. For instructions on how to optimize your Zoom setup, click here.
This webinar is brought to you in partnership with Indigenous Business Development Services.