The COEDC is working to meet the talent needs of the Okanagan's high-growth companies. We're continuing to develop the region's strong talent pool by working with partners like Okanagan College and UBC Okanagan to meet industry training needs locally and attract the best people from around the world. Contact us to find out how we can help with recruitment or relocation needs.
The Okanagan Young Professionals Collective’s Boomerang Campaign connects alumni of UBC Okanagan and Okanagan College living in other markets with opportunities in the Okanagan.
Okanagan Job Match
OkanaganJobMatch.com is a skills-based, employment matching platform connecting employers and job seekers throughout the Central Okanagan. It is a free service for job seekers and employers can post opportunities and review candidates’ profiles for free. If an employer is interested in connecting with a candidate, a small connection fee is incurred.
Are you planning to immigrate to British Columbia? To explore the range of programs that may allow you to become a permanent resident visit the WelcomeBC website.
The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) offers an economic immigration pathway for in demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs who can contribute economically to the province. Individuals nominated by the BC PNP are eligible to apply to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence for themselves and their dependants.
If the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is not right for you and your family, you may be able to come to Canada through another program.
Check out your options:
- Canadian Experience Class. This program allows those with work experience in Canada to become permanent residents.
- Family Sponsorship. This option is a way for citizens and permanent residents over the age of 18 to sponsor their relatives to come to Canada.
- Live-in Caregiver Program. Through this program, qualified individuals can come to Canada to care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes.
- Federal Skilled Workers Program. This program offers permanent residency to skilled professionals who can contribute to Canada’s economy.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program. This program offers permanent residency for qualified skilled trades workers who can contribute to the Canada’s economy.
- Self-Employed Persons Program. This program is for people who will become self-employed in Canada.
- Start-up Visa Program. Entrepreneurs with the skills and ideas to build an innovative business in Canada may be eligible for this program.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program. This program allows foreign workers to come to Canada to fill short-term labour and skill shortages.